How do you achieve good and effective corrosion protection?
For example, by coating the surface by means of galvanising or painting.
However, it is not always possible to achieve complete corrosion protection.
For example, the cut edges of a galvanised sheet are not fully protected. Or there are special requirements for sealing two components and for avoiding crevice corrosion.
Application & customer requirements:
- Protection of attachments against crevice corrosion
- Application of the adhesive bead approx. Ø2 to Ø4 mm
- Length of the seams 120mm to 840mm
The demands on the dispensing technology are not only determined by the material used and the associated application challenges, but also by the wishes of our customers:
- Cost-optimised metering system for low-viscosity material
- Dosing system with low weight
- Two metering units via one control
- Two metering units via one material supply
- Hose lengths up to 12m (to each metering unit)
The NIMAK eccentric screw metering unit specially developed for low-viscosity material.
Due to its endless dosing concept in combination with a high-resolution servo motor, this unit meets all requirements for sealing applications.
The design of the dosing unit is very compact and can also be operated on small robots as well as 3-axis gantries with low payloads.
A wide variety of low-viscosity materials can be applied (greases, silicones, PU, etc.).
Furthermore, the fully electric pump stand from NIMAK is another innovation.
This enables us to adjust the pump pressure precisely to the requirements.
- Cost-optimised dosing system for low-viscosity material
- Control via high-precision servo motor
- No filling times necessary due to endless dosing concept
- Fully electric pump stand / material supply
- Low spare parts inventory due to very compact design of the eccentric screw metering unit
- Less maintenance required due to lower number of seals in the system (compared to classic dosing metering units)